Community Council minutes for August 2021

Minutes of Meeting held in the New Town Hall

on Thursday 12th August 2021 at 7pm 

Present: Margaret Wardlaw, Linda Lauder, Gary McClure, Peter Mills, Jim Wood, Lynn Balfour

Councillors:
Cllr. John Docherty, Cllr. Linda Holt

Apologies:
No apologies received

Public Attending:
No members of the public were in attendance.

Opening of Meeting:
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Proposal of July 2021 Minutes
The June minutes were proposed by L.Lauder and seconded by G.McClure.

Councillors’ Reports
Cllr LH noted a Zoom meeting is due to be held by Sheena Watson from FC on 17th August 2021 at 7pm to provide information about ways to facilitate a community consultation for Pittenweem. Cllr LH will publicise this on Facebook and posters will be circulated around Pittenweem.

Cllr JD noted the Pittenweem Recycling Centre opening times are being reviewed to consider increasing opening. The following telephone number can be used as a contact number to make bookings: 03451 555550.

Matters Arising

Community Grant
MW submitted an application on behalf of the PCC. The application was accepted, and payment will be received within 2 weeks.

Tolbooth Steeple
PM
reported that some work has been ongoing in the past week but there have been delays due to workers contracting Covid. PM noted an article was published in the East Fife Mail newspaper highlighting the funding received and the work being undertaken on the steeple. Historic Environment Scotland have also highlighted this.

MUPS
PM reported that the last meeting to discuss the MUPS took place on 30th July 2021. There was an agreement to carry out a community consultation with a deadline of 1st October 2021 for a final decision. Crispin Hayes is due to run the consultation for 4 weeks, leaving 2 weeks for analysis and a decision. It was noted that this timescale does not seem adequate for a full consultation and proper analysis. PM noted that the developed questionnaire does not cover all pertinent questions. A further meeting is due to take place on 27th August 2021.

It was noted a meeting is due to take place on 1st September 2021 to discuss the Elie section of the path. Drawings have been received, however interaction with the Land Registry and landowners has taken much longer than anticipated.

East Neuk Broadband
Cllr LH noted there was no further update to report.

Police Report
MW noted that a copy of the Police report for the last month had been circulated to PCC members. There have been some incidents in Pittenweem since the report including several break ins to property.

AGM
LL highlighted that the PC/C AGM is due to take place later this year and preparations will need to be put in place. Cllr LH advised that the key purpose of the meeting should be to ratify PCC finances. MW highlighted that a Vice Chair and Treasurer still need to be appointed and that this could be incorporated into the AGM.

Cove Wynd
PM reported that the light on order has not yet arrived and he will chase this up.

Noticeboard
MW noted she is still waiting to hear from the joiner about fixing the noticeboard.

Benches
MW noted the Men’s Shed have now relocated to the garage at The New Town Hall and are renting this space on a 6-monthly basis.   They will be working on the benches once these have been transported. It was agreed that payment for this work can be made from the PCC fundraising account. A costing has not been done as yet but once they have had time to check out what needs to be done they will let us know. MW will confirm a cost for the work involved. LL’s husband Willie has offered to transport the benches up to the hall garage.

Parking
It was noted that the primary school carpark has been opened as an additional parking site for visitors following a request from the PCC to FC. It was agreed that this arrangement should be put in place each year during the summer months going forward.

East Neuk Community Forum
LL confirmed that a maximum of three people from each community council are permitted to attend the East Neuk Community Forum meetings.

Twinning
No further update. MW will chase this up.

New Members
Cllr LH
suggested it would be worth highlighting that the PCC is looking for new members at the Community Consultation Zoom meeting with Sheen Watson on 17th August 2021. JW will also add a poster to the noticeboard.

 

West Braes Common Good Land
There was a discussion about the protocol for accessing the common good field at the West Braes following some complaints received about recent use. Cllr LH confirmed that the common good field is administered by FC and that FC can grant permission to community groups to use it. Cllr LH confirmed she can respond to any complaints received about the use of the land and noted that any serious misuse of the land e.g., illegal access by quad bikes, should be reported to the Police.

MW highlighted a concern about items from common good properties being removed by FC and subsequently being untraceable. LL noted that appointments can be made to view common good property at the Bankhead depot in Glenrothes.

Planning
JW
provided the following Planning updates:

  • The Great House, Priory Court, has listed building consent
  • Two building warrants were approved

 

Secretary’s Report

LL provided the following updates:

  • Road markings due to be added at the entrance to Pittenweem from St Monans will be taken forward but there is at least a 3 month delay due to a backlog of work.
  • An email was received from a member of the public with an offer to tidy the Abbeywall embankment and provide flowers to be added. It was agreed that the offer is generous, but it may not be possible to take this forward due to the ongoing problem with soil erosion and the possibility of causing further damage. It was agreed to set up a meeting to discuss this further.
  • Information was received about a community transport scheme which is seeking volunteers. LL will ask for a simplified poster for circulation. It was noted that there is also a Moffatt and Williamson flexi-bus that operates locally.

 

Treasurer’s Report

MW reported the remaining balance in the main account is £114.53.   MW reported that the fundraising account has a total of £3835.29.

Chair’s Report

No further updates out with points already covered during meeting.
A.O.C.B.

The following points were noted:

Community Resilience Planning Fund

MW noted that she will read the guidance and apply on behalf of the PCC if appropriate.

Environment Trust Fund

MW noted that she will read the guidance and apply on behalf of the PCC if appropriate.

Old Men’s Club

PM noted that the informal keyholder arrangements in place have changed and the key is no longer situated in Pittenweem but instead is held with FC in Cupar. Cllr JD confirmed he would look into this.
MW closed the meeting at 8.15 pm by thanking everyone for attending.

Next Meeting: Thursday 9th September 2021 at 7:00pm in the NTH.

 

Abbreviations:

PCC – Pittenweem Community Council. MW – Margaret Wardlaw, LL – Linda Lauder, PM – Peter Mills, GM – Gary McClure and JW – Jim Wood.

Cllr LH – Councillor Linda Holt, Cllr – JD Councillor John Docherty and Cllr BP – Councillor Bill Porteous. FC – Fife Council.

OOHS – Out of Hours Service, MUP – Multi Use Path, PAF – Pittenweem Arts Festival, NTH – New Town Hall. WBP – West Braes Project.

CGF – Common Good Fund, FCCT – Fife Coast and Countryside Trust

 

Download: Minutes – 21st August 2021 (docx)